From The Back Row... Sid James & Hangovers

Urgh.

Jérôme Hatt has a lot to answer for.

I woke up this morning with a sore head, an empty wallet and the usual collection detritus littering the bedroom floor; I should know better to stop at the 24 hour garage on the way home, I only waste money buying things I don't need that I never use.

So, to assuage the effects of my hangover, I flicked on the TV and found
Carry On Cowboy showing on UK Gold. It'd been awhile since I'd seen it and, to be honest, there was nothing else on, so I disengaged the noodle and soaked up the innuendo.

H'mm.

To be honest I'm not sure if I felt better or worse afterward as it's not aged well at all. It was entertaining enough in a "why does the American countryside look like the New Forest?" kind of way; the judicious use of a flaccid cactus next to some gorse really does look convincing.

Umm.

Not.

Sid James' American accent is worth hearing, though he uses it to better effect in Campbell's Kingdom.

Comments